Thursday, December 8, 2022

PostScript coding for VAX/VMS system in the 90s

In the early 90s, when I embarked on my professional programming career, I dedicated considerable time to developing various reporting solutions for a bespoke Construction Support System. This system was utilized by our engineers and technicians during the construction and assembly of trains and trams.

The platform operated on a VAX/VMS system, with an INGRES database at its core to store the intricate hierarchical representations of each train. My contributions encompassed crafting custom printer driver code tailored to extract various information from this system and producing various reports.

I programmed the solutions using FORTRAN, supplemented with hand-written PostScript code. To this day, the reference books from that era hold a place on my bookshelf.

Here's an example of some hand-written PostScript used by one of the reports:


Good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment